A powerful “Group” with economic interests and wrapped in an extremist Catholic cloak is determined to transform the surroundings of the mythical Montserrat Mountain into a reserve for respectable families: believers of the upper class. All their plans work very well until they decide to put an end to the performances of “La Passió” (The Passion of Christ), a public performance that the Group considers to be undignified and that takes place in Esparreguera, a town located at the foot of the sacred mountain.
For most actors, “La Passió” is simply a “tradition” and an opportunity to perform theatrically. But for the “Group” it is indecent to see leftist councilors acting as apostles, a priest playing the role of Judas, despicable women
representing the Mother of God and even personalities of the Gospel doing homosexual imitation. Strange things begin to happen in the theater and the lives of the most scrupulous people are put in danger without them being aware of it.
Meanwhile, Aureli Mercader, a former actor, has returned to the show after several years to play the role of Pilate again. Aureli is a peculiar guy, generally considered crazy for his strange behavior and disastrous life. In reality, his strange personality is caused by a type of gift, an extrasensory ability that makes him a very successful professional in his unique job: tester of things. When Aureli tests a prototype, he is put into a trance, experiencing visions and feelings and beginning a strange journey to a parallel world.
Now he has returned to the theater to find the answer to something that torments him, to remember what happened on a specific night, the night his wife left him forever. Aureli’s curiosity will clash with the interests of the Group and put her life and the lives of her friends in danger.
- DIRECCIÓN: ORIOL FERRER
- GUIÓN: ORIOL FERRER, OLIVER KEIDEL
- DIRECCIÓN DE FOTOGRAFÍA: NÉSTOR CALVO
- MÚSICA: MARC DURANDEAU, DAVID CERVERA
- REPARTO: BLAI LLOPIS, CARME PLA, ANNA YCOBALZETA, ERNEST VILLEGAS, MIMA RIERA, DAVID BAGÈS, ELI
- IRANZO, JEANNINE MESTRE, CARLES SERRAT, PERE CUSCÓ, JAUME ROVIRA, ISAAC SERRANO, JAUME NAVARRO.
- PRODUCCIÓN: TONI ESPINOSA
- CATEGORÍA: FICCIÓN
- Festival de Málaga 2010 (Zonacine) Biznaga de Plata mejor actor y Mención especial del Jurado
- Sitges Festival Internacional de Cine Fantástico de Catalunya 2010 – Noves Visions
- Madrid Imagen 2010
- Prescott Film Festival 2010 – Oficial Section
- Cambridge Film Festival