1977. Sandra is an 18-year-old actress at the time of the Spanish transition to democracy: a moment in time where being young and beautiful automatically placed you in what was known as “cine del destape” – “nude” cinema. But Sandra harbours dreams of being a respected, serious actress, and knows that she has a hard road ahead of her.
On a hot August afternoon, alone and distressed by an unwanted pregnancy, she´ll try to make decisions about her future: from improbable travel plans to her aspirations to becoming a great actress.
Interviews with the tabloid press are intercut by unexpected visits. Some comforting like that of her best friend, and some that bring veiled threats of danger. Sandra awaits His call, to tell her that that they can have their child and a future together.
The night continues and the reality of it couldn´t be further from what she hoped for. The pressure, the pills and the alcohol confuse Sandra more and more. There are few escape routes in a flat like hers, and all she wants to do is go out onto the terrace and breathe in the night air…
The last night of Sandra M. is the second feature film directed by Borja de la Vega. It was screened for the first time at the Malaga 2023 Festival and more recently at the Sitges International Film Festival of Catalonia. Its commercial release is scheduled for December 15, 2023.
- DIRECTOR: BORJA DE LA VEGA
- GUIÓN: BORJA DE LA VEGA
- DIRECCIÓN DE FOTOGRAFÍA: MARTÍN URREA
- MÚSICA: MARC DURANDEAU
- REPARTO: CLAUDIA TRAISAC, GEORGINA AMORÓS, NICOLÁS ILLORO, PEP AMBRÒS, BEATRIZ ARJONA, OLAYA CALDERA, RAFA CASTEJÓN, MANU IMIZCOZ, RAMON PUJOL, BRUNO SEVILLA, ORIOL TARRASON, NÚRIA PRIMS.
- PRODUCTORES: BORJA DE LA VEGA, TONI ESPINOSA, MARIA ÀNGELS AMORÓS
- ESTRENO: 15 DE DICIEMBRE DE 2023
- CATEGORÍA: FICCIÓN
- Festival de Málaga 2023 – Sección Zonazine
- Sitges. Festival Internacional de Cine Fantástico de Catalunya – Nuevas Visiones