After losing their mother, Mia and Moi take refuge in a ramshackle family home in the countryside,in the middle of nowhere. With them, Biel, Moi’s boyfriend.
Together, the three of them try to rest and heal wounds. Especially in Moi’s case, who is recovering from a serious nervous breakdown. These are days of remembering family memories, some of them painful, of coming together, of living without a hurry.
The arrival of Mikel, Mía’s boyfriend, will disturb the coexistence and perturb each character in a different way. The tension will rise until it explodes in a violent act of irreversible consequences.
Mía y Moi is Borja de la Vega’s debut as a feature film writer and director. The film stars four of the most prominent Spanish actors of the new generation: Bruna Cusí, Ricardo Gómez, Eneko Sagardoy and Joe Manjón.
Mía y Moi was the only Spanish film in the Talents section of the D’A Film Festival in Barcelona. It has been chosen as the closing film of the Tudela Festival’s What Comes and premieres in theaters on May 21, 2021.
- DIRECTOR: BORJA DE LA VEGA
- GUIÓN: BORJA DE LA VEGA
- DIRECCIÓN DE FOTOGRAFÍA: ÁLVARO RUIZ
- MÚSICA: PABLO MARTOS
- REPARTO: BRUNA CUSÍ, RICARDO GÓMEZ, ENEKO SAGARDOY Y JOE MANJÓN
- PRODUCTORES: BORJA DE LA VEGA, RICARDO GÓMEZ, TONI ESPINOSA, MARIA ÀNGELS AMORÓS
- ESTRENO: 21 DE MAYO
- CATEGORÍA: FICCIÓN
- D’A Film Festival Barcelona 2021, Sección Talents
- Rome International Independent Film Festival 2021 – Feature Film Competition
- Lo que viene 2021, Tudela
- Chéries-Chéris Paris 2021
- Transition International Queer & Minorities Film Festival Vienna 2021
- FanCineGay Extremadura LGBTQI+ Film Festival Badajoz 2021
- Chicago Latino Film Festival 2022
- CineLatino Tübingen 2022